Re: [eclipselink-users] Blob and PostgreSQL

På torsdag 27. juni 2013 kl. 17:49:08, skrev Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Andreas,

   I am attaching an example that I am hoping will get you started.  There are a
couple of parts that are a little hacky, so we still should add an enhancement
request to make this work more smoothly.

   Some key points about the example:

- The BlobWrapper class is used as a placeholder from the Blob you are trying to
read/write.  It subclasses BigInteger to get around some of the restrictions we
have about what can be mapped as a Basic.  You could add to it as needed.

- In BlobDescriptorCustomizer I am using the SQL Type OTHER as an indicator that
we expect a LOB back.  If you have other data that would by of Type OTHER, you
may have to pick a different type

- The BlobWrapperPostGreSQLPlatform has most of the PostGres-specific code

Let me know if it helps,
Tom

Thanks for the example!

I've tested a new PG-driver which implements Connection.createBlob, namely: https://github.com/kdubb/pgjdbc-ng
It seems to supports more features then the official driver but is still experimental. There is some discussion right now on pg-jdbc about making this driver the new one and deprecating the old one, interessting to see what happens.
I'm testing throughout the summer and see how it goes.

Thansk again.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no