Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.5 now Available

På tirsdag 28. mai 2013 kl. 17:50:55, skrev Peter Krogh <peter.krogh@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I am extremely happy to announce the release of EclipseLink 2.5.0.

EclipseLink 2.5 is our first release available on Maven Central (http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|org.eclipse.persistence).  EclipseLink 2.5 is JPA 2.1 compliant and is the RI for JPA 2.1.

Other new features in 2.5.0:

  • New DB platforms: Hanna and Pervasive
  • JPA-RS Enhancements
  • MOXy - NamedObjectGraphs
Please go here for more information, and to download and try it: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/releases/2.5.php

Thank you to everyone involved in making this release.

Nice!

I'm seriously thinking about migrating our software to use EclipseLink instead of Hibernate (too many open issues and doesn't handle lazy-loading outside transaction safely, https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-7971)
Are there any docs on how to use joda-time (2.x) with EclipseLink >= 2.5 (jpa-2.1) and it's new Converter-API? In Hibernate it's possible to have the converters register automatically and the usertype-library (http://jadira.sourceforge.net/) provides converters for joda-time, is it possible to have joda-time converters auto-registering themselvs in EclipseLink-2.5 with JPA-2.1?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no