[eclipselink-users] Embedded Data is binary?

Hi guys,

im wondering because my embedded data are stored as "Mongo Binary Data".
My schematically entity hierarchy as follow

This abstrct class holds only fields for all inheritors
@MappedSuperclass
@NoSql(dataFormat=DataFormatType.MAPPED)
public abstract class AbstractEntity implements EntityInterface -> this interface implements Serializable
{
private static final long serialVersionUID = -1896393585386203770L;

@Id
@GeneratedValue
@Field(name="_id")
private String id;
@Version
private Integer version;
}

This class (entity) will be stored in the collection. And via rockmongo or mongo shell ist readable.
@Entity
@NoSql(dataFormat=DataFormatType.MAPPED)
public class Entity_A extends AbstractEntity{
private static final long serialVersionUID = -1896693585386203723L;
@Basic private String name;
@ElementCollection private List<Entity_B> myList;
}

This class is only a container for the concrete Entity_C classes.
Entity_B should not be stored, only the  inherited Entity_C entities.
@MappedSuperclass
@NoSql(dataFormat=DataFormatType.MAPPED)
public abstract class Entity_B extends AbstractEntity {

@Basic private String text;

@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
private Entity_A entity_a;
}

This is the entity which should to be embedded to Entity_A.
@Embeddable
@NoSql(dataFormat=DataFormatType.MAPPED)
public class Entity_C extends Entity_B {
private static final long serialVersionUID = -1296535885386223208L;
@Basic private String field1;
@Basic private String fieldN;
}

In mongoDb Collection: i have the Entity_A collection which holds Entity_A and there a field myList which holds the embedded ones - BUT as "Mongo Binary Data", why not as readable list as in many other guides?

Hops you can help!

Best regards,
Alex

Back to the top