[eclipselink-users] NullPointerException in QuerySequence.java line 350--workaround?

Hello; we're getting a NullPointerException from EclipseLink 2.3.2 during identifier generation (using a @TableGenerator strategy and using Informix).

The method in question in QuerySequence.java looks like this:

   /**
    * INTERNAL:
    */
    protected Vector createArguments(DatabaseQuery query, String seqName, Number sizeOrNewValue) {
        int nArgs = query.getArguments().size(); // <-- NPE here
        if (nArgs > 0) {
            Vector args = new Vector(nArgs);
            args.addElement(seqName);
            if (nArgs > 1) {
                args.addElement(sizeOrNewValue);
            }
            return args;
        } else {
            return null;
        }
    }

As you can see, either the DatabaseQuery being passed in by other parts of EclipseLink is null at this point (but judging from the call stack that's exceedingly unlikely), or its getArguments() method returns null (I strongly suspect the latter; haven't hooked up the debugger yet).

Anticipating that the problem is somehow related to the (dormant?) InformixPlatform (as we don't get this issue on H2 or PostgreSQL), where can I start fixing this/working around this issue?

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson