[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipselink-users] Customize schema generation
- From: Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:42:58 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120907 Thunderbird/15.0.1
There is some limited support for customizing our DDL generation.
You may be able to take advantage of the persistence unit property:
eclipselink.ddl-generation.table-creation-suffix to specify a string to append
to the end of table creation statements. This could help a bit with your first
There are some methods used by table creation in our DatabasePlatform that could
be overridden, but I am not sure they will get you what you are looking for.
I suggest adding an enhancement request for more customizability and describing
On 14/12/2012 1:43 AM, Julien Lamandé wrote:
how could I customize the generated ddl by Eclipselink when used to create
My target DB is Oracle.
- the generated lines are a suite of create tables with no ending ";". I'd like
to add those automatically.
- when enumerations or discriminator columns are used, I'd like to add "check
constraints" as the schema can be preinitialized by sql scripts.
- another useful feature could be to add comments on the columns (maybe
extracted from javadoc). This one is just for comfort. :-)
How, where can I plug some customization in the generation API ?
eclipselink-users mailing list