Re: [eclipselink-users] query a subpart of complex graph and return to a short object

JPQL:
select new yourpackage.NameZipCode(cust.id, cust.name,
cust.address.zipCode) from Customer cust

Java:
public class NameZipCode{

    private Integer customerId;
    private String name;
    private String zipCode;

    public NameZipCode(Integer customerId, String name, String
zipCode){
    }
}

Regards,

Bernard

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 00:14:42 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I need some advice about querying a complex graph of entities in order to
>return a simple object.
>
>Assume I have a Customer which has a onetoone to a person entity which has
>too a onetoone to an address entity. Each of those entities have their own
>fields.
>I need only 2 fields : the name of the customer and the zipcode of the
>address but not the other fields (I didn't mention that the Customer owns
>other relations to other types of entities)
>
>My need is just for readonly.
>
>The number of Customers is really huge and I must get those 2 informations
>really quick. I must avoid pre-caching but my question is more general ?
>
>Is it possible to use something as projections, fetch groups or something
>else to get those 2 fields ? And how ? Could it be JPA2 compliant ?
>
>I could use SQL as I see how to do this in sql but it would mean coupling a
>sql query to physical tables that are already defined in my mappings of
>entities. So will need to maintain the two if a change must occur on the
>tables.
>I could create a view in db this would mean too to maintain the sql query
>behind the view.
>
>Thx

Back to the top