Re: [eclipselink-users] detached object changes aren't completely merged?

Hi,

The problem in your test is that your object model is inconsistent when you merge.

child has name "baby", but the child with the corresponding id in parent has name "son". (You have not maintained identity on the client side.) When you merge, the order of the merge will decide what the final name of the child is.

If child merges first, the name will initially get set to "baby" and then when parent merges, the Cascade to childs will find that the child is a different object and merge it in resetting to "son".

You need to ensure before you merge child, that the model is consistent and that if parent has a back pointer to child, it is the same instance of child.

-Tom