[eclipselink-users] Difference between id-validation=NONE and id-validation=NULL?

I have read http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Basic_JPA_Development/Entities/Ids/Id#Allowing_Zero_Value_Primary_Keys which says that valid values for the eclipselink.id-validation property are:

  • NULL – EclipseLink interprets zero values as zero. This permits primary keys to use a value of zero.
  • ZERO (default) – EclipseLink interprets zero as null.
  • NEGATIVE – EclipseLink interprets negative values as null.
  • NONE – EclipseLink does not validate the id value.

From this I am unable to determine the difference between NULL and NONE.  What additional validation is performed by NULL that is not performed by NONE?

Best,

Back to the top