[eclipselink-users] Entity isn't persisted to database

hi @all, did anyone experience following scenario:

A Entity is detached.
With merge is brought back to the persistence context, the result entity of
merge is being persisted with em.persist(entity).
I make a explicit flush() afterwards. The changes aren't written to the
database.

After I restart my application server, trigger the process again, it is
being persisted.
I have no clue, if it is EclipseLink that causes that problem.
Using JTA mode in Glassfish 3.1.1.
Current EclipseLink Version is 2.3.0.

The EJB is working fine, but sometimes this case happens. No errors are
thrown by the way. I will write some arquilian test to narrow it down.
Anybody who have a clue or hint for me for described issue, would be kindly
appreciated.