[eclipselink-users] Postgresql and UUID eclipselink 2.4.0

I have been trying to figure out how to get the native uuid type in
        postgresql and eclipselink to work together. I have a simple
table for
        testing:

        CREATE TABLE elink
        (
          el_id uuid NOT NULL DEFAULT uuid_generate_v4(), -- elink id
          el_name character varying(255), -- elink name
          CONSTRAINT el_pkey PRIMARY KEY (el_id )
          DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE
        )
        WITH (
          OIDS=FALSE
        );
        ALTER TABLE elink
        OWNER TO emann;
        COMMENT ON COLUMN elink.el_id IS 'elink id';
        COMMENT ON COLUMN elink.el_name IS 'elink name';

        And the annotation on the field for id is:

        @Id
                @Column(name="el_id")
                @UuidGenerator(name="uuid")
                @GeneratedValue(generator="uuid")
                private UUID elId;

        I have also tried the custom UUIDSequence mentioned on the
website,
        however that did not work either. I get the following error
(this is the
        UUIDSequence native to 2.4.0):

        Exception [EclipseLink-3002] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
        2.4.0.v20120608-r11652):
        org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ConversionException
        Exception Description: The object
        [66FB2FFB-2735-4A8C-AFDE-19246C78CC16], of class [class
        java.lang.String], from mapping

[org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.DirectToFieldMapping[elId-->ELINK.el_id]] with descriptor [RelationalDescriptor(model.Elink --> [DatabaseTable(ELINK)])], could not be converted to [class [B].

        So i am really curious about what is the proper way to get this
to work
        using uuid type in postgresql.
        Any help is welcome, thanks in advance.

Back to the top