Re: [eclipselink-users] Virtual Metlhods | questions

Hi Gaurav,

Try calling oneToManyMapping.initialize(session) just before returning the mapping.

-Tom

On 26/07/2012 11:12 AM, gaurav malhotra wrote:
Hi tom,
What I found : I am creating 1-M relationship > CtrClaim - CtrClaimDyr (pc0017)
(mentioned below). So when I search on CtrClaim, at object building phase it
finds, 1-M relationship (pc0017), then if fires ReadObjectQuery. Unfortunately
the it tries to get descriptor ReadObjectQuery.getDescriptor, it comes NULL

/**
* INTERNAL:
* Return the value of the reference attribute or a value holder.
* Check whether the mapping's attribute should be optimized through batch and
joining.
*/
protected Object valueFromRowInternal(AbstractRecord row, JoinedAttributeManager
joinManager, ObjectBuildingQuery sourceQuery, AbstractSession executionSession)
throws DatabaseException {
// PERF: Direct variable access.
ReadQuery targetQuery = this.selectionQuery;

// Copy nested fetch group from the source query
_*if (targetQuery.isObjectLevelReadQuery() &&
targetQuery.getDescriptor().hasFetchGroupManager()) {*_ *NPE*

One to many mapping are created as follows
DatabaseMapping oneToManyMapping(ClassDescriptor classDescriptor, String
attributeName, Class<?> attributeType) { *classDescriptor>>ClassDescriptor of
CtrClaim, attributeName = pc0017 and attributeType=CtrClaimDyr.class*

OneToManyMapping oneToManyMapping = new OneToManyMapping();
oneToManyMapping.setDescriptor(classDescriptor);
oneToManyMapping.setCascadeAll(true);
oneToManyMapping.useTransparentList();

VirtualAttributeAccessor virtualAttributeAccessor = new VirtualAttributeAccessor();
virtualAttributeAccessor.setAttributeName(attributeName);
virtualAttributeAccessor.setGetMethodName("get");
virtualAttributeAccessor.setSetMethodName("set");

virtualAttributeAccessor.initializeAttributes(classDescriptor.getJavaClass());

oneToManyMapping.setAttributeAccessor(virtualAttributeAccessor);
oneToManyMapping.setAttributeName(attributeName);
oneToManyMapping.setReferenceClass(attributeType);

oneToManyMapping.addTargetForeignKeyFieldName("ID", "BASE_TABLE_ID");

return oneToManyMapping;
}