Re: [eclipselink-users] Virtual Metlhods | questions

Christopher,
  I am trying to implement "Dynamic Fields" i.e. extension to table/entity
which could be used in groovy logic as we call it dynamic logic.Dynamic
fields can be added dynamically at runtime (deployed cluster application
which also uses TLG). Currently in my sample code I use "EntryProcessor"
which is trigger the creation of mapping on all the nodes in the cluster.

  Example, if we add dynamic field - "phoneNumber" to the Eomployee, it
should be possible to access it like employee.phoneNumber.number. Hence Map
suit our use case (its simple) and  we would not like to weave
getPhoneNumber method/attribute etc magically into the entity using asm.

  Hence VirtualMethods implementation best suits our business usage case.

 So I think I cannot use any other attribute accessor.

~GM