Re: [eclipselink-users] setting eclipselink log level

Check if you have any other persistence units deployed that could be causing
the logging.
Also try changing other properties in the persistence.xml to see if your new
file is getting picked up.

Ensure you are not overriding the logging properties in code or persistence
unit properties, or Spring config if using Spring.

elegoff wrote:

> I am starting to use eclipselink for a tomcat application connected to an
> Oracle database.
>
> We reaching the phase where we would like to push our application on
> production servers but would like to minimize the logging verbosity
> impact.
>
> We came up with the following configuration in persistence.xml (located in
> our WEB_INF/src/META-INF directory) :
>

> [...]
> <persistence-unit name="My_PU" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
> [...]
>         <properties>
>             <property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation" value="none"/>
>

>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.level" value="OFF" />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.level.sql" value="OFF" />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.level.cache" value="OFF"
> />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.thread" value="false" />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.session" value="false" />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.exceptions" value="false"
> />
>             <property name="eclipselink.logging.timestamp" value="false"
> />
>
>             <!--  optional but could optimze -->
>             <property name="eclipselink.target-database" value="Oracle"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.native-sql" value="true"/>
>
>         </properties>
>     </persistence-unit>
> </persistence>
>

> Our assumption was that this setting was ok for a silent logging.
> But still our console displays lines like :
>
> [EL Config]: The access type for the persistent class [class
> com.foo.modele.entity.AbstractEntity] is set to [FIELD].
> [..] // many other similar lines
> [EL Config]: The alias name for the entity class [class
> com.foo.modele.entity.Name] is being defaulted to: Name.
> [..]
> [EL Info]: EclipseLink, version: Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461
> [...]
>
> What are missing so that we can totally get rid of those [EL Config] and
> [EL Info] output ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Eric Le Goff