Re: [eclipselink-users] Issues with remove jta, eclipselink with a relational object..

Thanx Christopher,

> Spring wraps the EclipseLink EntityManager in its own, so it is still quite
> possible you are not using the same underlying EntityManager on the
> find/merge and remove calls - actually this is the only way it can happen.
>
> Check your transaction demarcation to be sure the two calls are occurring in
> the same transaction, otherwise Spring might give you different EMs on each
> call.

If you look at my deleteObject I am doing a find before doing a remove
,So shouldn't either find/merge get the entity to be managed. I
rewrote the deleteObject slightly to be as follows , but am still
having the error..

Also , given that this is called with the ejb method and we are
starting a transaction at the boundary of the method call , the
deleteObject should definitely be within the same transaction. I used
the link that you sent and even set the two ends of my object to be
null but that is not helping either..

 public <T extends PersistableObject> void deleteObject(T entity)
throws DAOException
    {
        try
        {
            EntityManager em=getEntityManager();
            if (em.contains(entity)) {
                em.remove(entity);
              } else {
                entity = (T) em.find(entity.getClass(), entity.getId());
                if (em.contains(entity))
                {
                    System.out.println("hello");
                }
               em.remove(em.merge(entity));
              }

        }
        catch (PersistenceException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace() ;
            throw new DAOException(e.getMessage()) ;
        }
    }

Given that i am using the same em across both the merges and deletes ,
i am still not sure why i don't either get an exception or it doesn't
delete still.

Cheers
Vaidya