[eclipselink-users] [EclipseLink-7155] ValidationException

I am starting to use eclipseLink (v2.3.2) against an Oracle database in tomcat web application.

One of my entity has to map a legacy table which contains columns of type BINARY_DOUBLE
(These columns actually hold currency amounts)

When using menu JPA Tools -> Generate entities from Table...
this entity is generated and the correspoing fields have java.lang.Object type.

While loading a Tomcat context, I get a ValidationException [EclipseLink-7155]
claiming that the type [class java.lnag.Object] for the attribute [mycolumn] on the entity class [com.acme.Foo] is not a valid type for a serialized mapping.
The attribute type must implement Serializable.

Would there be a way to have the generated field to have type like java.math,BigDecimal instead of java.lang.Object ?

Any suggestion would help, but I bear in mind that I can't change the original Oracle BINARY_DOUBLE type into some other more convenient type.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

--
Eric Le Goff