[eclipselink-users] Partitioning with unidirectional associations

Forgive me if this has been answered here already.  I am setting up some partitioning schemes in Eclipselink 2.3.2 with JPA.  It would seem my simple example will only work for One-To-Many relationships if the association is bi-directional.  Is this by design?  It seems to make sense logically that it is, however I am wondering if uni-directional associations are supported in any way for partitioning?

Thanks for any help.