Re: [eclipselink-users] Invalidating session cache programmatically?

I cannot think of any reason you should not use the MBean.

-Tom

On 30/11/2011 4:23 PM, Laird Nelson wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    1. Take a look at our JpaHelper class.  It provides a number of methods that
    can unwrap the various JPA constructs.  For the shared cache, you will want
    to get a hold of the ServerSession.  It has a method called
    getIdentityMapAccessor() that has cache manipulation API.

    2. SessionManager will hold a list of all the top level sessions.  You
    should be able to call getSessions() on it and then use the same API
    described above.

OK; thanks.  I've had a look at the MBean source code, and it seems to call
through to an IdentityMapAccessor.  Is there a particular reason I shouldn't
look this MBean up and invoke its invalidateAllIdentiytMaps() operation?

(For reference:
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/2.3/org/eclipse/persistence/services/mbean/MBeanRuntimeServicesMBean.html#invalidateAllIdentityMaps%28%29)

This would allow me to avoid mentioning EclipseLink classes or using stupid
reflection tricks and would be consuming what looks to me like a public API.
I'm happy to be redirected here, though.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson