Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink Maven repository

Thanks for the tip.  You are right.

While http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/manen.repo gives a 404, http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/maven.repo/org/eclipse/persistence/org.eclipse.persistence.core/2.3.1/org.eclipse.persistence.core-2.3.1.jar works!

From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laird Nelson
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 11:18 AM
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink Maven repository

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Sri Sankaran <Sri.Sankaran@xxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing I noticed is that although this link constantly results in a 404, any URL beneath this root that actually resolves to a jar file or a pom file does work.

So basically you can't see what's in the repository, but if you build the proper URL (as of course Maven does) it will resolve to a jar file.

This of course wreaks havoc on any Nexus or Artifactory repository you may have that proxies the EclipseLink repository, as it will conclude that EclipseLink's repo is out of service even though strictly speaking it is not.  The solution is to turn off any automatic checking of the repository and/or automated blocking of it.

I don't mean to throw stones here but it would really help a lot of us out if EclipseLink could either publish its stuff to Maven central or at least put it up at oss.sonatype.org or have it proxied by oss.sonatype.org.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson