From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Geronimo M. Hernandez
Sent: November 7, 2011 10:20
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] Enable eclipse-link dynamic weaving in an Eclipse RCP application

Hello,

@cliviu75
sorry for disturbing your thread

@Michael
Michael O'Brien wrote:
> In a non-OSGI (regular PDE) project, you set the
> weaving/instrumentation agent in one of at least 3 ways
> 1) include the aggregated eclipselink.jar (it contains the services
> directory)
> 2) include the resources folder of the JPA subproject <classpathentry
kind="lib" path="/org.eclipse.persistence.jpa/resource" />
> 3) include the services/javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider file in
> your META-INF where your persistence.xml lives - set it to
> "org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider"
>
> 	This is all PDE related - so may not help in this OSGI case.

Is this true for eclipse 3.7 ?
If so, could you please guide me too?

I debugged down the creation of EntityManagerFactory and EntityManager from a
PDE-plugin and from what I saw, the plugins classloader does not even try to
look into a library.
If I got it right, this is explicitly disabled by resetting the plugins
classloader internally.
Or is there a major difference between adding a library and adding a dependency
to another plugin?

So how do I have to add the eclipselink.jar to a plugin, that all service

kind regards

Gero