[eclipselink-users] Listenening to Session/ UnitofWork Events from jpa/j2ee

Before I go down a certain track to far I just wanted to check if from within jpa using eclipselink 2.3 it's possible to register a session/ unit of work listener to  these events here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Introduction_to_EclipseLink_Sessions_(ELUG)#Table_83-3
and act on them once a transaction has commited/ rolled back.

we need to hold some info that is accumulated during a transaction and then only if the transaction commits send it on to some other part of the application for processing. we have looked at writing the info to db tables and reading after the transaction commits or sending to jms where it would get removed if the transaction rollsback, but neither of those really meet our requirements.

I cant find any readily available info on how to register a uow/ session listener from within jee. I found this here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configuring_a_Session_%28ELUG%29#Configuring_Session_Event_Listeners
but how would I get hold of the session from within jpa where i just have the SessionContext or EntityManager ? Do I need to use a SessionCustomizer ?

we can use eclipselink specific code if needed...

Thanks

Back to the top