[eclipselink-users] Questions about BLOB and XML support plus a few other questions

Hello,

I am Developer at Oracle - IGBU and we have written an application with custom JDBC DAO objects for each table and this has worked well until we started adding more complex relationships between the tables and now I am exploring using EcpliseLink as a solution to handle the table relationships, however, before I switch to use EclipleLink, I have a few questions:

1 - Can we do select for update queries against different databases to avoid retrieving the same records in multiple threads? If so are there any example documents that show this?

2 - Can we do streaming of Blobs? If so, are there any example documents that show how to do this?

3 - Can we insert and retrieve into XML columns, meaning XMLType in Oracle, and XML in DB2 or MSSQL? If so, are there any example documents that show how to do this?

4 - Is connection pooling supported and how does that work with caching of prepared statements? In other words, am I guaranteed to get a cached prepared statement when I get a connection from the pool?

5 - For answers 1 - 4 above, if there are solutions, will they be proprietary or will I be able to just use / write to the JPA API and can then expect them to work with other providers.

I am looking for more than just on! e line answers, and preferably some real documentation or example links that answer these questions so I can do additional research to determine if switching is going to be feasible for us.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Joe

Back to the top