Re: [eclipselink-users] Decrypting error message

Hi Laird,

  What is the full stack trace of the exception?

Try grepping for "Minor.findAll" instead of the query. Any results? What happens if you change the name of the "Minor.findall" query? Does the exception still show up? Does it have the new name?

Have you tried the 2.2.1 release? The 2.3 release? Do you see the problem in those releases?

-Tom

Laird Nelson wrote:
I am trying to understand this error message that pretends to be very clear and helpful. :-)

Deployment of one of our developers' JPA application fails, and she gets:

Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-7092] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.2.0.v20110202-r8913): _org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException_

Exception Description: Cannot add a query whose types conflict with an existing query. Query To Be Added: [ReadAllQuery(name="Minor.findAll" referenceClass=MinorEntity jpql="SELECT o FROM Minor o")] is named: [Minor.findAll] with arguments [[]].The existing conflicting query: [ReadAllQuery(name="Minor.findAll" referenceClass=MinorEntity jpql="SELECT o FROM Minor o")] is named: [Minor.findAll] with arguments: [[]].

I have grepped our entire codebase, and there is only one named query with the JPQL "SELECT o FROM Minor o". So it's not like EclipseLink is trying to add two queries that happened to collide.

Instead, this appears like perhaps EclipseLink is trying to add the same query *instance* twice, but I don't see how that's possible.

Does this error message lead to a common recipe for working around it? As in, "oh, right, when you see that error, look for a different syntactically invalid query" or something along those lines? I can tell you there are no duplicates.

Best,
Laird