Re: [eclipselink-users] Lifetime of Transient lists in the cache

Hi Bernard,

Have you looked at our Query Results cache. It allows you to configure a cache for a query that will allow you to configure when it hits the database and when it returns the cached results?

Here is a link to the javadoc in our QueryHints. The next few hints listed in this javadoc related to the query results cache.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/api/2.3/org/eclipse/persistence/config/QueryHints.html#QUERY_RESULTS_CACHE

-Tom

bht@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I would like to implement a relatively static list of entities in a
list holder entity as a @Transient field. The puropse is to avoid
re-runnning the query that produces the list.

Are there any known issues with this strategy?

Do I need to control the cache and how? I am concerned about losing
multiple such lists at once.

Many thanks,

Bernard