Re: [eclipselink-users] Logging Property Not Automatically Propagated to Client Session from Server Session

Hi Rohit,

The properties you are passing in are processed by EclipseLink as its PersistenceProvider class builds the EntityManagerFactoryImpl.

To use these settings when you are forgoing that process by creating your session and EntityManagerFactoryImpl, you will have to set the underlying properties. (e.g. you will actually have to set an instance of your logger into the session)

I suspect you are not seeing the functionality from many of the other properties either.

BTW: Weaving of non dynamic class will require use of our PersistenceProvider.

-Tom

Rohit Banga wrote:
  Hi Tom

The following code works for me:
I can get the program to work without PersistenceProvider.

    DatabaseLogin login = new DatabaseLogin();
    serverSession = new ServerSession(login);

serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.TARGET_DATABASE, ...); serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.LOGGING_LEVEL, SessionLog.FINEST_LABEL); serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.LOGGING_LOGGER, CustomLogger.class.getName());
    serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.WEAVING, "true");
serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.WEAVING_FETCHGROUPS, "true"); serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.TARGET_SERVER, TargetServer.None); serverSession.setProperty(PersistenceUnitProperties.CLASSLOADER, CustomLogger.class.getClassLoader());

    serverSession.login();

    emf = JpaHelper.createEntityManagerFactory(serverSession);
    dynamicHelper = new JPADynamicHelper(emf);

I do see the logs on the standard output during initialization.
But after login, I do not see any logs being done by my CustomLogger.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
Rohit