From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shashikant Kale
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 3:46 AM
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: [eclipselink-users] Threads waiting indefinitely in ConcurrencyManager.

Hello,

We have been using eclipselink 1.0 (Old application) for application development using JPA. For few days when we are executing performance tests for the application, we are observing threads waiting on object monitor at ConcurrencyManager. The thread stack shows

"ajp-145.245.142.25-8309-79" daemon prio=6 tid=0x0000000008961800 nid=0x1818 in Object.wait() [0x000000001afbd000]

   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)

at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)

- waiting on <0x00000000a3e60fe8> (a org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ConcurrencyManager)

at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ConcurrencyManager.acquire(ConcurrencyManager.java:89)

- locked <0x00000000a3e60fe8> (a org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ConcurrencyManager)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ConcurrencyManager.acquire(ConcurrencyManager.java:75)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sequencing.SequencingManager.acquireLock(SequencingManager.java:279)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sequencing.SequencingManager$Preallocation_NoTransaction_State.getNextValue(SequencingManager.java:590)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sequencing.SequencingManager.getNextValue(SequencingManager.java:884)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sequencing.ClientSessionSequencing.getNextValue(ClientSessionSequencing.java:86)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.ObjectBuilder.assignSequenceNumber(ObjectBuilder.java:258)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.assignSequenceNumber(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:405)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.registerNotRegisteredNewObjectForPersist(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:3879)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.registerNotRegisteredNewObjectForPersist(RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork.java:369)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.registerNewObjectForPersist(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:3827)

- locked <0x00000000fde013a8> (a org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork)

at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:219)

at com.arisglobal.framework.services.audittrail.AuditTrailServiceImpl.saveAuditTrail(AuditTrailServiceImpl.java:40)

I saw a similar bug fixed in eclipselink 1.2.1 release. However since we are using quite older version (not feasible to upgrade to the latest version due to application production release date) I was not sure how we can apply the patch to the eclipselink.

Would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks,
Shashi

Disclaimer: This transmission, including attachments, is confidential, proprietary, and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this transmission in error and you are hereby advised that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this transmission, or any of the information included therein, is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply and permanently delete all copies of this transmission and its attachments.

Disclaimer: This transmission, including attachments, is confidential, proprietary, and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this transmission in error and you are hereby advised that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this transmission, or any of the information included therein, is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply and permanently delete all copies of this transmission and its attachments.

Back to the top