Re: [eclipselink-users] JPA grammar question

We currently expect a List.

Laird Nelson wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Cronemberger, Constantino <Constantino.Cronemberger@xxxxxxx <mailto:Constantino.Cronemberger@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Some time ago I tried both with and without parenthesis and it did
    not work in any case. What is the type of the parameter I have to
    use? I tried with an array of Integers.

I'll let the EclipseLink guys chime in on the specifics, but the JPA specification says this:

in_expression ::= {state_field_path_expression | type_discriminator} [NOT] IN { ( in_item {, in_item}* ) | (subquery) | *collection_valued_input_parameter* }
in_item ::= literal | single_valued_input_parameter

The specification does not actually define collection_valued_input_parameter; maybe that's a mistake. I presume that it means a true java.util.Collection, which an array is, of course, not.

Best,
Laird