Re: [eclipselink-users] Difference between cache-usage and maintain-cache query hints?

There is also some information on caching here,

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence/Caching

ljnelson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The query results cache query hint is not quite the same.  You should
>> only
>> use this query hint for absolutely static data.  When you use a
>> query-results-cache, the database will only be hit once.  Every time you
>> use
>> the query it will return the same results as the first usage.
>>

> Which, for U. S. state data, is exactly what I want.  So it sounds like
> for
> this relatively simple use case (state data, gender tables, other things
> that are used basically only to validate foreign keys),
> query-results-cache
> is what I want.  (Yes? he asked, somewhat nervously.)

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink
Blog:  http://java-persistence-performance.blogspot.com/ Java Persistence