[eclipselink-users] [JPA Criteria Api] CriteriaBuilder coalesce java.lang.ClassCastException

Hello.
When using the method coalesce with an Expression and a literal such as:

criteriaBuilder.coalesce(root.get(attribute),0d)

throws an exception:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.querydef.InternalSelection
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.querydef.CriteriaBuilderImpl.coalesce(CriteriaBuilderImpl.java:2117)

As a workaround I use:
criteriaBuilder.coalesce(root.get(attribute),criteriaBuilder.literal(0d))

From my understanding I think that the api supports coalesce with java
objects directly. Am I wrong?

Regards
--