[eclipselink-users] Batch Reading Ignores paging using setFirstResults / setMaxRows

Is there anyway to get eclipselink's batch read functionality to
respect the setFirstResults setMaxRows set on a ReadAllQuery?

I have what I'd believe would be a pretty common pattern -- paging
through a large dataset, then pulling over a lazy collection for
everything on the page, however when I use a batch query hint or
manually add the batchReadAttribute to the query the select is going
against the full expression without the rownum bit in there.

Any ideas on how to be more effecient here? The only thing I can come
up with is manually creating an in statement and populating the
collections myself.

Thanks!

./tch

Back to the top