SELECT t0.NAME, t1.KEY_NAME FROM TABLE1 t0, MAP_TABLE t1 WHERE ((t1.KEY_NAME = ?) AND (t1.ME_ID = t0.ID))
	bind => [ENUM1]

This message is also printed but don't think it is related
[EL Finest]: 2011-02-23 09:27:32.32--ServerSession(15232416)--Connection(32278793)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: ??:HY000 - null

Aysun
-----Original Message-----
From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Ware
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:22 AM
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] Query with enum KEY

Hi,

Try setting persistence property eclipselink.logging.level=FINER and inspect the SQL. Is the SQL what you expect? If you run it separately do you get the results you expect?

-Tom

Alay, Aysun wrote:
Hello,

I am having trouble querying enumerated Map attributes using EclipseLink 2.1. Here is some detail regarding to mapping

@ElementCollection

@CollectionTable(name = "MAP_TABLE", joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "ME_ID"))

@MapKeyEnumerated(EnumType./STRING/)

@MapKeyColumn(name = "KEY_NAME")

@Column(name = "KEY_VALUE")

*private* Map<MyCustomEnumType, String> mapAttr;

When I executed the following query, I don't get any exception but there is no record being returned even though there are data in the database that fits the criteria

Query q = em.createQuery("select KEY(p) from myObject me join me.mapAttr p where KEY(p) = :param1");

  q.setParameter("param1", MyCustomEnumType.enum1);

  _List_ l = q.getResultList();

System./out/.println("Size:::" + l.size() + " --- Value::" + l.toString());

However, if I persist EnumType.ORDINAL instead EnumType.STRING in the @MapKeyEnumerated then the same query works fine - returns the right set of data back. I have tried to use name() method to make sure that a STRING value of enum would use inside the query but I have exceptions. Do you have any idea what I am missing here?

Thanks

Aysun