Re: [eclipselink-users] Parsing exception description...can't do it

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The exception description I'm getting is:
Exception Description: The reference column name [code] mapped on the element [field donationTypeCode] does not correspond to a valid field on the mapping reference.

Is this because of a bad @ManyToOne annotation somewhere?

I think I found the only place this could be, but...there hasn't been a problem here in earlier versions of EclipseLink.  I'm using the latest version of Glassfish embedded, which seems to use a snapshot of EclipseLink 2.2.0.

Here's what I've got.  In all cases I am not the class author.

A @MappedSuperclass named AbstractType, which, among other things, has this defined:

  @Basic(optional = false)
  @Column(name = "code", length = 8, unique = true, nullable = false)
  private String code;

Then I have a class that inherits from this @MappedSuperclass and which defines no additional fields.  Its name is DonationTypeEntity.

Finally, I have the offender--an entity named AcknowledgeTypeEntity with a @ManyToOne in it like this:

    @ManyToOne(optional = false, targetEntity = DonationTypeEntity.class)
    @JoinColumn(name = "donation_type_code", referencedColumnName = "code", nullable = false)
    private DonationType donationTypeCode;

It would appear that EclipseLink is complaining about this perfectly valid mapping.  Or have I been doing something wrong here for months, and it's only now that EclipseLink (and no other JPA provider) has found it?

Thanks,
Laird

Back to the top