Re: [eclipselink-users] Disabling EclipseLink Connection Pooling

I am having a similar problem with eclipselink 2.1.1.
I also want to disable the eclipselink connection pool because I want to provide the correct Connection by Properties during EntityManager creation. (exclusive isolated session mode)

My session customizer is always called (it's defined in the persistence.xml), but unfortunately, this doesn't help, because the connection pool configuration is set before the session customizer fires (see EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:859 which will lead to ServerSession.java:187).

All this end up that acquireClientConnection() (ServerSession.java:252) will enter the "connection pool mode"-branch.

When I replace EclipseLink 2.1.1 jar with EclipseLink 1.1.2 jar and do not change anything else, the other branch inside acquireClientConnection() (disabled connection pool) is used.

So something changed from EclipseLink 1.1.x to 2.x - maybe by accident?

Best regards,
Patric

Zitat von Zarar Siddiqi <zarars@xxxxxxxxx>:

Looked into this more, and as Andrei suggested, the customizer is randomly
being called (or not called).  It's quite weird.  Is there another way to
specify a session customizer? Looked through the docs and couldn't find
much.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Andrei Ilitchev <andrei.ilitchev@xxxxxxxxxx