[eclipselink-users] Are transaction-scoped persistence contexts coherent in clusters?

The title just about asks it all.

I’m considering using EclipseLink in a clustered, high-throughput application that runs on both WebLogic and WebSphere.  I know little.

AFAICT, in a clustered environment, stateless session beans from the same EAR (or jar within) can potentially be called within the same transaction from multiple servers.  “Transactional affinity” prefers to run all EJBs within a transaction from the same server – but does not guarantee it –again, AFAICT.

Consider a heavy-load case where a transaction with an associated persistence context starts on one server, then switches to another when a REQUIRES-transaction SLSB is called while the first server is saturated in some way.  The second server won’t see the uncommitted updates made on the first server’s unit of work.  Is this handled by EclipseLink?  If not, does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks in advance

-          Ed Staub

Back to the top