[eclipselink-users] Load mapping file at "runtime"

I'm having a wee bit trouble figuring out if and how I can specify a one or more mapping-files based on some business logic when I create my entitymanager (or before).

I basically have an entity where I have a string I'd like to map to different kinds of columns (read only) based on some information I have before I create my EMF and EM, but not at build/compile time.

So can one feed EclipseLink with the mapping files in any other way than through the persistence.xml-file?

Some background:
The reason I want to do this is that I have an ecommerce app that I'm connecting to. Now this web app has several different payment solutions whereas they pretty much all create a one or more new columns in the database. These of course have different names...

Now people usually only just use one of these payment solutions, so I thought I'd support this by having some generic strings in my entity class that maps to whatever column(s) the plugin adds. This way I don't have to maintain different entities of an order just to support different payment providers for instance.

--
Kind regards
Christian Michelsen

Back to the top