[eclipselink-users] [SOLVED] EclipseLink 2.1.0 - timeout on idle connections

It turned out that the feature I was looking for is not implemented in
EclipseLink 2.1.0.

In order to fix my problem I had to change the configuration of EclipseLink
to use the Tomcat connection pool (dbcp). This provides the following useful
parameters:

	  testWhileIdle="true"
	  validationQuery="select count(*) from dual"
	  minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="2880000"

Basically this checks every 8h idle connections performing the validation
query, thus avoiding timeout. Simple and good!