Re: [eclipselink-users] Have to add readAllObject before read a single Object?

This is very odd.  This should obviously work, it seems you have corrupted
your cache.

Ensure that you are not changing any objects returned from the Session.

If you set the query to refresh or clear the cache first, it will go to the
database and indicate that your cache is corrupt.

Xiangjin Zhou wrote:

> Hi,
> I met one problem when I use eclipselink in my project. The following
> is the problem description.
>
> I have two tables in my database schema, one is STUDENT(stu_id, name,
> age, address, ..., status_id), one is STATUS(status_id, status_name).
> STUDENT has foreign key status_id, which links to STATUS table. Then I
> populate 10 records into STUDENT (stu_id, 100~109) and 10 records into
> STATUS(status_id, 200~209). and the foreign key mapping is
> stu_id~status_id(100~200, 101~201, ..., 109~209 ). Then I generated
> two Java POJO corresponding to this two table, Student & Status.
>
> The problem happens when I try to load one student's status:
>
> UnitOfWork uow = getSessionFactory().acquireUnitOfWork();
> Student studentCopy = (Student)uow.readObject(Student.class, new
> ExpressionBuilder().get("stu_id").equal(109));
> System.out.println(studentCopy.getStatus().getStatusId());
>
> The expected result should be 209, but result printed is 200.  If add
> readAllObjects() inside:
>
> UnitOfWork uow = getSessionFactory().acquireUnitOfWork();
> uow.readAllObjects(Status.class);
> Student studentCopy = (Student)uow.readObject(Student.class, new
> ExpressionBuilder().get("stu_id").equal(109));
> System.out.println(studentCopy.getStatus().getStatusId());
>
> The expected result 209 is printed.
>
> Do we have add readAllObjects before we try to read a single object
> and its related Object?
>
> Thanks.
> XJ

-----