Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipse link connection timeout

Andrei Ilitchev wrote:

> Currently there is no way to set retryAttemptCount in Eclipselink JPA -
> neither through xml nor through persistence unit properties.

But EclipseLink announced the possibility of timeout changing through hints
or persistence.xml props.

Andrei Ilitchev wrote:

> However it could be configured in sessions.xml.

Can you give an example of such configuration?

Andrei Ilitchev wrote:

> But even without setting retryAttemptsCount to 0 you should have seen
> just three attempts to re-execute the query - not re-executing it forever.

My programm freezes for 25-35 minutes. No matter there is 3 or 100 or
infinite attempts)
I just want to minimize timeout to let the user know what is going.

Andrei Ilitchev wrote:

> Can you reproduce the problem stand-alone (without NetBeans)?
>
> Could it be that NetBeans is re-executing the query?

Hardly, Andrei. I don't believe to it, but I'll try to start it standalone.

Thanks for the help in advance.