[eclipselink-users] Changes to Artifact javax.persistence-2.0.0.jar

My team has used maven to resolve the dependency

   <dependency>

      <groupId>org.eclipse.persistence</groupId>

      <artifactId>javax.persistence</artifactId>

      <version>2.0.0</version>

   </dependency>

via

   <repository>

     <id>EclipseLink Repo</id>

     <url>http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?r=1&amp;nf=1&amp;file=/rt/eclipselink/maven.repo</url>

   </repository>

From observation, it appears that the 2.0.0 artifact has changed without a corresponding increment of the version number. My understanding of maven convention is most accurately reflected by a statement found in a fairly recent post to the maven users mailing list:

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/How-can-I-force-maven-download-dependency-td117486.html

Specifically,

The core assumption of a maven repository is that once a non-SNAPSHOT
version is available, that artifact will *NEVER* change.

If my understanding is incorrect, please advise. Alternately, please explain if the eclipselink project’s policies must be inconsistent with this convention.

Regards,

Brad

Back to the top