[eclipselink-users] Using a ContainerMapping with a Collection class that does not have a no-arg constructor

Hi everyone,
I need to use a custom class that implements List as my collection for a ContainerMapping.  However, my custom List has a constructor with an argument.  Is there a way to tell EclipseLink to use a certain object as the argument to the constructor?  I could not find any mention in the documentation for ContainerMapping.useCollectionClass() that the Collection's constructor needs to be no-arg but there doesn't seem to be any facility for passing it an argument.

I could subclass my List and hardcode the argument but that is not convenient since I have multiple mappings that use different arguments.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

Back to the top