Re: [eclipselink-users] Customizing the column names of embeddables

Thank you for your response. I tried the session-customizer and found that
with the post-login-event the getReferenceDescriptor()-method begins
returning a value other than null for the @embedded-field-mapping. Not too
late for EclipseLink to create the correct tables itself, but too late for
using the SchemaManager to create the DDL-scripts (see also Bug 227145 and
243321).

The actual question is somewhat more abstract:
1.) Can one expect that the mapping is fully initialized when it is passed
into a descriptor-customizer?
>From looking at the sources, the mapping of an embeddable is somewhat of a
corner case. Can the initialization process be reorderd? Is this a valid
RFE? (IHMO at least Bug 243321 is to depend on it.)

2.) If reordering is not feasible, would it be possible to get access to the
metadata-system from within the descriptor-customizer? Would this be a valid
RFE? (Perhaps a DescriptorCustomizer2-interface which also passes into the
customize()-method the current server-session as the second argument?)

I really appreciate your help,
Frank