Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 4:53 PM
Subject: [eclipselink-users] Specification/RI question

Two questions, actually.

1. Is it legal to place a @Table annotation on a @MappedSuperclass?  I see nothing in the specification that would prohibit this, but wanted to check with the people who are making the reference implementation.

2. May two @Entities share the same table, provided of course they populate it correctly?

As in:

@MappedSuperclass
@Table(name="shape")
public class AbstractFoo<V> {
  @Basic
  private String fieldOne;
  // and so on
}

@Entity
public class ConcreteFoo1 extends AbstractFoo<Bar> {
  // mostly @Transient and behavior overrides
}

@Entity
public class ConcreteFoo2 extends AbstractFoo<Baz> {
  // mostly @Transient and behavior overrides
}

It seems like the specification permits this, but I wanted to check.

Thanks,
Laird