[eclipselink-users] Logging questions

Hi. I have been trying to configure logging in SE to my needs, and have a couple of observations / questions:

1. I want to use java.uti.logging (JUL), so I set:
<property name="eclipselink.logging.logger" value="org.eclipse.persistence.logging.JavaLog" />
I noticed that when this JavaLog is used, the "eclipselink.logging.level" property is ignored, and the ones from logging.properties are used. Other options, like logging sessions and timestamp do work. Is this observation correct?

2. Normally in JUL one can set the "java.util.logging.config.file" property (http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/logging/LogManager.html) to change the config file from the default ($JRE_HOME/lib/logging.properties). The documentation only mentions that it is possible to configure logging by changing the JVM wide file - is there any particular reason for that? As this is a pretty intrusive thing to do (influences all apps running on this JVM and using JUL), it might be a good idea to mention the other option too, if there are no objections.
The only gotcha worth mentioning I noticed is that when dynamic weaving in SE is used via -javaagent:eclipselink.jar, the config file property has to be specified on the command line as JVM  parameter, not by calling System.setProperty(), as it is not visible then.

Regards,
RafaƂ

Back to the top