Re: [eclipselink-users] Re: EclipseLink 2.0.1 jars...?

Hi Magnus,

Spring is actually more similar to a JEE container than it is to a non JEE container - it provides much of the same functionality as a JEE container. (e.g. it ships and uses the javax.persistence classes, and initializes persistence units like a JEE container)

The issue we are trying to solve by providing a subset of the javax.persistence classes in the EclipseLink 2.0 jar is to allow it to be a JPA 1.0 provider and a JPA 2.0 provider.

In your first two attempts, the class that is causing issues is a JPA 2.0 class (referenced by a class within EclipseLink) The class is in the EclipseLink jar. My guess is that something is enforcing the fact that classes from the same package cannot exist in different jars. Does spring do that? Is the jar containing javax.persistence classes in Spring signed/sealed?

In your third attempt, you have solved that problem by removing the classes that are in a package that is split between jars. That is why it works.

You are correct that we need to work on better documenting how to configure EclipseLink 2.0 on containers that ship with JPA 1.0 support.

Here is the wiki page that has some initial documentation. We still have some work to do:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA#Tutorials

-Tom