From: <bht@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EclipseLink User Discussions <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/25/2010 11:49 AM
Subject: [eclipselink-users] enum as primary key
Sent by: <eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I am using enum as primary key in TopLink and EclipseLink.

The JPA 2.0 specification does not include it in "2.4 Primary Keys and
Entity Identity"

However, DataNucleus lists it at
http://www.datanucleus.org/products/accessplatform/jpa/primary_key.html
, assuming in comments that it is standard JPA.

Does enyone know of any plans or chance to include this in the
specification because, quite honestly, it would be fairly sad not to
support it. Enum is a basic language feature, and most applications
would enjoy significant benefits by mapping the keys of those little
SQL whatever-type lookup tables to enums.

Many thanks.

Bernard