[eclipselink-users] Problems with single character entity class names

Hi,
I have test projects which use the following entites: A->B->C (where -> represents a bidirectional OneToMany). This worked in eclipselink 1.1.2. After upgrading to eclipselink 1.2, I get the following exception when starting up: Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.2.0.v20091016-r5565): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [testjparemove] failed. Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-7214] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.2.0.v20091016-r5565): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException Exception Description: The target entity of the relationship attribute [children] on the class [class A] cannot be determined. When not using generics, ensure the target entity is defined on the relationship mapping. at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionSearchingForPersistenceResources(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:123)

Generics are being used. If I go ahead and apply the targetEntity to the OneToMany, I get the following exception: Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-7250] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.2.0.v20091016-r5565): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException Exception Description: [class A] uses a non-entity [class byte] as target entity in the relationship attribute [method getChildren]. at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionSearchingForPersistenceResources(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:123)

If I rename my classes to be more than one character, as in Atest->Btest->Ctest, no problems exist. Sounds like a bug, no?

thanks,
mike

Back to the top