RE: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.1 Planning

My organization would like that existing bugs are taking care in priority. I’m able to list bugs that are known for years.

A good example is that EclipseLink, which is the reference implementation of JPA, is not JMS specification compliant in its implementation of cache synchronization -> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3406370&#3406370

I have provided patches for some bugs and would like they are committed more promptly:

-    270762 CommitManager.initializeCommitOrder create random order so DB deadlock

-    267701 Need clear access to sequencing functionalities for unmanaged use case

-    283767 Provide reasonable hook to extends EntityManagerImpl

I have find the code bug for some issues, that should not be hard to take care of many of them during a single day of dedication to bug fixing:

-    245726 Need coherent implementation of read-only query

-    274417 Allow PersistenceProvider derived class to use persistence.xml from any location and using any name

-

-    281518 Optimization use to locate assigned UOW to current transaction is broken

-    281532 JPA integration broke migrated code using session.getActiveUnitOfWork()

-    281569 Integration of JPA using transaction-type="JTA" but without EJB container, set-up incomplete commit cleanup

-    286425 Default java.util.Date conversion doesn't support derived class of Date

-    288864 CacheKey.equals could be faster

-    290570 Need more generic hook than SessionCustomizer.handleException because not called by merge APIs

-    294259 Duplicate existence checks in same UOW

-    297155 ObjectLevelReadQuery.CheckCacheOnly do not return new registered object present in the UOW

-    297908 Version check for Optimistic Locking is not respected and configuration error or warning generated when using batch writing without binding on Oracle DB

Future work could be driven by themes like:

-    Apply faster submitted patches

-    Fix faster bug having a solution description

-    Fix old functional bugs, see above

-    Fix performance bottleneck:

o    288864 CacheKey.equals could be faster

o    294259 Duplicate existence checks in same UOW

o    297908 Version check for Optimistic Locking is not respected and configuration error or warning generated when using batch writing without binding on Oracle DB (Faster configuration found on real system)

o    Don’t flush when the query can conform in memory

o    Don’t invalidate query cache when no modification can impact the query result

o    Duplicate SQLs, and duplicate table in from clause when using eager loading

-    Set default to thread safe code and query returning right result, to help usability for new user. And avoid expert find out the wrong default in production:

o    Fix JMS based propagation of changes

o    286425 Default java.util.Date conversion doesn't support derived class of Date

o    Fix Calendar cloning and change detection

o    Default to conform in unit of work to not get wrong query result

o    245726 Need coherent implementation of read-only query