Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipse Link Session/UOW LifeCycle

A UnitOfWork life cycle should match each transaction, a ClientSession should
match each user connection, or request, a ServerSession should match the
life cycle of the server.

Many of the events are event specific, for the life-cycle ones they would
roughly be,

pre/postLogin (ServerSession)
postAcquireClientSession
postAcquireUnitOfWork
preCommitUnitOfWork
preCalculateUnitOfWorkChangeSet
postCalculateUnitOfWorkChangeSet
preBeginTransaction
postBeginTransaction
prepareUnitOfWork
preCommitTransaction
postCommitTransaction
preMergeUnitOfWorkChangeSet
postMergeUnitOfWorkChangeSet
postCommitUnitOfWork
preReleaseUnitOfWork
postReleaseUnitOfWork
preReleaseClientSession
postReleaseClientSession

Depending on your configuration and usage, or if you are using JTA, the
event order may be different.

bryans wrote:

> Does anyone have a breakdown of the life cycle for these? (Session & Unit
> of Work) Specifically I'm looking at the Session Event Listener and i
> notice that neither the JavaDocs, or the EclilpseWiki have an outlined
> order for these events.
>
> Can someone help me (all of us) and break them down in their sequence (and
> maybe add it to the EclipseLink Wiki?)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -B

-----