Re: [eclipselink-users] Moxy & JPA with Eclipselink

Blaise:

Thanks for the reply.  I have not come across any issues yet as I have
just started development.  I am developing a RESTful web service that
will receive XML that will need to be mapped to JPA entities that will
be persisted.  My initial thought was to create an XSD to define the web
service traffic, and run JAXB over this to create Java classes.  I would
then define the entities to be persisted and manually write the code to
convert the XML to the entities.  This just didnt feel right so I
started to see if there was a better way.  It seems that the JAXB
annotations might be what I am looking for.  From what I have seen thus
far, I will be able to both marshal and unmarshal the XML into my
entities.  The only feature I would still like to have is the XSD.  It
does not look like I can generate an XSD from JAXB annotated classes.
So, if I want the XSD it looks like I need to maintain multiple models.
 Any other ideas?

Thanks
Adam