Re: [eclipselink-users] Get Expression from Query By Example Query

There is no direct support for QBE on UpdateAllQuerys, but you can build an
Expression from a QBE query.

Just create the QBE read query, then access the query's
QueryByExampleMechanism and call buildSelectionCriteria(AbstractSession),
passing your Session.

tch wrote:

> Is it possible to get an "underlying expression" that represents the
> expression that an example object on a Query creates, or is this a
> non-sensical question? The reason I ask is, I'd like to be able to mix
> Query by Example with an UpdateAllQuery. For example, process a search
> using query by example, then run an UpdateAllQuery on these same
> results. I've been able to do this with a ReportQuery -- transfer the
> Example Object from a Read All Query to a Report Query, which is quite
> handy and I'd like to do the same thing with an UpdateAllQuery, but it
> doesn't appear that this is possible with the current API.
>
> TIA
>
> ./tch

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/