Re: [eclipselink-users] memory usage

Are you using JTA, or RESOURCE_LOCAL?

Are you using the same EntityManager, or do you create a new one for each
transaction?

What cache setting are you using?

I would recommend you create a new EntityManager per transaction, otherwise
the previous objects will still be part of the persistence context.  You
could also call clear().

You can try disabling the cache (shared=false), or using a weak cache.

Do you run out of memory, or just notice a memory increase?  You may wish to
try a memory profiler such as JProfiler.

Also ensure that your application is not holding onto any or the objects.

DavidParker wrote:

> Yeah, we are using multiple transactions, i.e.
>
> get an EntityTransaction
> do work
> EntityTransation.commit()
> set the local tx to null
>

> On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:59 PM, Dave Brosius wrote:
>
>> Is the import all in one transaction? I'd be curious if you broke up
>> the import (even for a test) into multiple transactions whether the
>> issue would go away.

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink